- Must live, work, attend school or own property in Beaufort, Hyde or Martin Counties
- Should present a valid photo ID with a current address or a photo ID with a recent bill with a current address
- Children 12 and under require a parent’s or guardian’s signature to obtain a library card
- If not a resident of Beaufort, Hyde or Martin Counties, there is an annual $10 fee to get a library card.
- New patrons are limited to 2 items on their 1st visit to the library
How long can I keep it?
- Books circulate for 3 weeks
- Magazines circulate for 1 week
- DVDs circulate for 1 week
- Audiobooks circulate for 3 weeks
- Storybags & Kits circulate for 3 weeks
- E-books and e-Audio circulate for 3 weeks
Can I renew it?
- Books can be renewed for another 3 weeks if no one else has asked for the book
- Magazines, DVDs cannot be renewed
- Audiobooks can be renewed for another 3 weeks if no one else has asked for the audiobook
- Storybags & Kits cannot be renewed
- E-books and E-Audio can be renewed for another 3 weeks if no one else has asked for it
How many can I get?
- No limit to the number of books
- You can get 5 DVDs per card (no more than 10 per household)
- No limit to the number of audiobooks
- 3 eBooks per card
- 5 eAudiobooks per card
Can I get a book, DVD, audiobook that BHM doesn’t have?
Yes you can request books, DVDs and audiobooks that is not owned by BHM if items are available through NC Cardinal.
Just ask at your local branch!
I checked out an item from the branch in Williamston but I live in Ocracoke, can I return the book at Ocracoke?
Yes you can return items at any of the BHM Regional Library branches!
I am late returning an item that I checked out from the library, what will I owe?
- Books, magazines, audiobooks are .10 a day per item
- DVDs are .50 a day per item
- Audiobooks are .10 a day per item
- Digital materials do not have fines!