BHM Regional Library offers free notary services in two of our branch locations:
What you need to bring:
- Valid photo identification:
- Photo IDs must be current and in a language the notary understands. If an ID is not familiar to the notary, the notary has the option to refuse acceptance.
- Any witnesses required:
- Library staff cannot serve as witnesses. Customers are not allowed to ask other library patrons to serve as their witnesses.
- In order to serve as a witness, the witness must be personally known to the individual whose documents are being notarized.
- All witnesses must bring valid photo identification as described above.